Democrat quotes on Obamacare. Yes, they really said this...September 24, 2013 at 7:55pmObamacare-related links will continue to be posted in THE COMMENT SECTION of this Facebook Note:
(1) Obama's campaign promise at a Bristol, VA "town hall" on June 5, 2008:
"In an Obama administration, we'll lower premiums by up to $2,500 for a typical family per year. And we'll do it by investing in disease prevention, not just disease management; by investing in a paperless health care system to reduce administrative costs; and by covering every single American and making sure that they can take their health care with them if they lose their job. We'll also reduce costs for business and their workers by picking up the tab for some of the most expensive illnesses. And we won't do all this twenty years from now, or ten years from now. We'll do it by the end of my first term as President of the United States."http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=77434
(2) The Bristol, VA "town hall" is the same venue where Obama went off teleprompter...
Uh-oh: Obama can't talk without reading a script
(3) Candidate Obama lies again: "I can make a firm pledge: under my plan, no family making less than $250,000 will see their taxes increase - not your income taxes, not your payroll taxes, not your capital gains taxes, not any of your taxes." ~Obama at Dover, NH campaign stop, September 12, 2008.http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/?pid=78612
(4) Biden repeats the lie at the 2008 vice-presidential debate: "No one making less than $250,000 under Barack Obama's plan will see one single penny of their tax raised whether it's their capital gains tax, their income tax, investment tax, any tax."http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/10/02/debate.transcript/
(5) Obama lies again, this time as President: "...if your family earns less than $250,000 a year, you will not see your taxes increased a single dime. I repeat: not one single dime."~Obama's Inaugural Address to Joint Session of Congress, February 24, 2009.http://www.whitehouse.gov/the_press_office/Remarks-of-President-Barack-Obama-Address-to-Joint-Session-of-Congress
(6) Congressman John Conyers (D-MI) weighs in on the proposed legislation eight months before its passage, on July 24, 2009, at the National Press Club: "What good is reading the bill if it's a thousand pages and you don't have two days and two lawyers to find out what it means after you read the bill?" http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0909/26846.html
Note: Conyers made his comment when the legislation as it existed was "only" 1,017 pages. The bill eventually ballooned to over 2,700 pages before it was passed. The bureaucratic process has since added regulations that are eight times as long as The Holy Bible and bring the count now to over 20,000 pages that stand 7-feet high when stacked in a pile.
(7) Obama spews more vitriol at a Virginia campaign stop, August 6, 2009: "I don't want the folks who created the mess to do a lot of talking. I want them just to get out of the way so we can clean up the mess. I don't mind cleaning up after them, but don't do a lot of talking." #Obamacarehttp://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/08/07/obama-tells-economic-critics-way/
(8) Perhaps the most infamous Obamacare quote ever: "We have to pass the bill so that you can find out what is in it..." ~then-Speaker Nancy Pelosi, March 9, 2010.http://www.politico.com/gallery/2013/07/25-unforgettable-obamacare-quotes/001172-016565.html
(9) Vice President Biden at the signing ceremony held on March 23, 2010, when the Unaffordable, er, the Affordable Care Act (ACA) aka Obamacare was signed into law: "This is a big fu**ing deal." http://www.politico.com/gallery/2013/07/25-unforgettable-obamacare-quotes/001172-016596.html
(10) Obama embraces the term "Obamacare" at a July 2012 Ohio campaign stop: "...when you hear about the Affordable Care Act -- Obamacare -- (applause) -- and I don’t mind the name because I really do care. That’s why we passed it. (Applause.) You should know that once we have fully implemented, you’re going to be able to buy insurance through a pool so that you can get the same good rates as a group that if you’re an employee at a big company you can get right now -- which means your premiums will go down."http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2012/07/16/remarks-president-campaign-event
(11) Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius even hypes it at the 2012 DNC: "But for us Democrats, Obamacare is a badge of honor. Because no matter who you are, what stage of life you're in, this law is a good thing."http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0912/80711.html
(12) Slick Willy agrees: "It was the best bill you could have passed." ~Bill Clinton, 2013http://www.politico.com/gallery/2013/07/25-unforgettable-obamacare-quotes/001172-016578.html
(13) Wait! An Obamacare architect weighs in:"I just see a huge train wreck coming down." ~Senator Max Baucus (D-MT), April 2013.http://www.politico.com/gallery/2013/07/25-unforgettable-obamacare-quotes/001172-016580.html
(14) Hold on! 'San Fran Nan' aka 'The Wicked Witch of the West' disagrees: "The implementation of this [Obamacare] is fabulous." ~House Democrat Leader Nancy Pelosi, June 2013.http://www.politico.com/gallery/2013/07/25-unforgettable-obamacare-quotes/001172-016582.html
Now, the other side of the coin...
Flashback: Donald Trump's take on Obamacarehttp://www.examiner.com/article/donald-trump-defines-obamacare
#EpicRant! Illinois State Senate candidate Barbara Bellar, MD., JD., MA., creates a viral video based on Trump's take titled 'Obamacare Summed Up in One Sentence':
"So, let me get this straight -- this is a long sentence. We're going to be gifted with a health care plan we are forced to purchase and fined if we don't which purportedly covers at least ten million more people without adding a single new doctor but provides for 16,000 new IRS agents written by a committee whose chairman says he doesn't understand it passed by a Congress that didn't read it but exempted themselves from it and signed by a President who smokes... [laughter] ...with funding administered by a Treasury chief who didn't pay his taxes for which we would be taxed for four years before any benefits take effect by a government which has already bankrupted Social Security and Medicare all to be overseen by a Surgeon General who's obese... [more laughter] ...and financed by a country that's broke. So what the blank could possibly go wrong?!?"
Hear Dr. Barbara Bellar say it![VIDEO] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdnY8r7_fLw
Note: For opposing Obamacare, the good doctor would later lose her job.http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2012/11/doctor-whose-epic-rant-on-obamacare-went-viral-with-millions-of-views-is-fired/
Some related links when this Note was first created...
Obamacare Shatters Obama's Promise on Fifth Anniversary of No-Tax-Hike Pledge
Ted Cruz Is Talking Until He Can't Stand Anymore; "I rise in opposition to Obamacare."
David Limbaugh: 'Defund Now, for When Shall We Be Stronger?'http://www.humanevents.com/2013/09/24/defund-now-for-when-shall-we-be-stronger/
Obamacare will increase health spending by $7,450 for a typical family of fourhttp://www.forbes.com/sites/theapothecary/2013/09/23/its-official-obamacare-will-increase-health-spending-by-7450-for-a-typical-family-of-four/
Two quotes from Nancy Pelosi...
Then: "Everybody will have lower rates, better quality and better access."NOW: "I don't remember ever saying everyone in the country will have lower premiums."https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151608413745563